Family Investment Companies
Are you looking for a robust and tax-efficient way to manage intergenerational governance and succession planning?
Family investment companies, or family wealth companies, are companies which are established purely to manage the private wealth of a particular family. The shareholders of the company are family members, and the directors are usually also family members but may also include outside advisers.
A Family Investment Company can:
- Provide a familiar vehicle for holding wealth and for ensuring its governance in line with agreed principles
- Allow for different share classes to allow different family members to have different rights to income or capital, and voting rights
- Restrict the transfer of shares outside the family
- Offer a higher degree of control to adult family members
- Provide some protection in divorce cases
Our team of experts provide services to families wishing to establish a Family Investment Companies
- Legal and tax advice to structure the Family Investment Company with terms tailored to your specific requirements
- Corporate Secretarial Services
- Maintain formal company records and file statutory returns
- Accounting and tax return compliance
- Consolidate reporting of assets in customised formats to meet the requirements of a family member
Our Family Investment Companies Team
Helping you with your Estate Planning needs
Our unique wealth of Estate Planning knowledge and experience guarantees that your affairs are in the best possible hands.