Purpose of Role
The Compliance Monitoring Officer is primarily responsible for supporting the ZEDRA Jersey’s compliance monitoring programme (CMP).
In this regard, the Compliance Monitoring Officer helps construct the monitoring programme with the support and agreement of the Compliance Monitoring Manager, The Head of Compliance and the Board of Directors, carries out compliance testing and provides reports to the Compliance Monitoring Manager, the Compliance Officers and / or Head of Compliance regarding their observations, findings, recommendations for remediation and any breaches identified.
• Assisting with the drafting of Compliance Monitoring Tests.
• Performing monitoring reviews examining operational processes to assess ZEDRA’s compliance with applicable regulations, laws and policies.
• Maintain sufficient records to support findings and observations.
• Reporting to management on levels of Compliance, highlighting any issues arising from specific monitoring activity.
• Provide clear succinct written reports that clearly identify breaches of regulation or ZEDRA policy/procedure and their “root cause”.
• Providing advice and guidance to the business on necessary actions to achieve regulatory compliance, addressing any issues arising from monitoring reports.
• Sharing Compliance expertise with the team, providing support, guidance and training when needed.
Knowledge and Experience
Our ideal candidate for the Compliance Monitoring Officer opportunity:
• Has a good working knowledge of current regulations and the JFSC’s expectations applicable to TCB, FSB and IB business in Jersey (and is committed to maintain this knowledge on an ongoing basis).
• Has a good understanding of Anti Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism regulations and a high level of awareness of all types of financial crime.
• Has a sound understanding of Trust and Fund structures.
• Has 3 years + experience in a Compliance or Audit role, ideally involving performing monitoring reviews.
• Holds an appropriate qualification (ideally ICA, STEP or ICSA Diploma qualified).
• Has the ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, with directors, senior managers, regulatory examiners and third party consultants.
• Has excellent report writing skills to provide monitoring reports and key management information to Boards and Committees.
• Has a track record of identifying issues and making appropriate recommendations to drive change and monitoring these through to completion.
• Is able to manage and prioritise their own workload, working at pace to deliver testing in accordance with agreed plan.
• Proficient PC skills ideally with NavOne and Power BI experience.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
The right candidate will have an established background in Compliance and hold relevant professional qualifications.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and driven international team, please email your CV and covering letter specifying your desired role to [email protected]