Purpose of Role
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as an Audit Manager. This role is a result of organic growth and will be a new addition to our dynamic Audit team.
The successful candidate will take charge of the management of a significant portfolio of our Audit clients, who are predominantly US headquartered technology companies. They will also take a leading role in the management and training of the team.
You must have at least 2 years post qualification experience and strong experience in managing staff. The role will be approximately 80% audit and 20% accounts.
- Manage and lead a dedicated team, directing, organising and deploying staff on assignments and managing client relationships.
- Lead a portfolio of clients to a high technical standard.
- Review of audit planning, fieldwork and completion.
- Review of audit finalisation documents including financial statements and reports to management.
- Supporting the team in managing work flows and attendance at planning, completion and finalisation meetings.
- Reporting to clients and answering questions on the audit and statutory financial statements.
- Point of contact for the audit engagement team.
- Reporting on a regular basis to the Directors on auditing and accounting issues.
- Meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Partaking in regular meetings to discuss progress and any client issues and to understand the workload of colleagues.
- Play a leading role in the management of the team, including but not limited to scheduling of chargeable time, mentoring staff, undertaking appraisals and providing feedback to team members.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
Knowledge and Experience
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA with at least 2 years PQE.
- Strong experience in managing staff.
- Experience in advising, mentoring and reviewing audits and statutory accounts assignments for small, medium and large companies.
- Be fully up to date with all auditing and accounting reporting standards including UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and driven international team, please email your CV and covering letter specifying your desired role to [email protected]